In this role, you will be responsible for the capital allocation of early stage projects at X and building the first models of new businesses. You will lead strategic finance efforts, partnering with executive leadership to agree on paths of action. Additionally, you will collaborate with Product, Engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams to drive strategic decisions and ongoing operations. As a Finance and Investment Analyst, you will contribute to the planning, reporting and analysis needs of X and manage close materials and other financial reports. You will participate in the design and enhancement of new and existing processes.
X is a moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x].
- Serve as the corporate Finance Planning and Analysis (FP&A) lead for Google X managing company-wide forecast and central processes.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning cycles, drive visibility into business performance, resource planning decisions and define/evaluate Go-to-Market strategies.
- Review contractual agreements and provide feedback and finance/accounting guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Present monthly income statement and balance sheet results to Finance leadership and management.
- Develop initiatives, train teams and establish new finance processes according to the changing needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in Finance, Investment Banking, Corporate Development and/or Product Analysis within a startup, venture capital, management consulting or similar environment.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in project management.
- MBA degree or CFA certification.
- Experience in database management and reporting across standard commercial database platform with SQL.
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to ambiguity and changing priorities and work with a high sense of urgency with an ability to research, create and build business models.
- Distinctive problem solving, analytical and leadership skills, combined with excellent business judgment and the ability to communicate with an executive team.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with good attention to detail and a demonstrated understanding of the broader technology industry.
If interested, please apply here.