Front Row Fund is a seed and early stage venture fund focused on a broad range of industries and verticals that are undergoing a technological evolution.
The Analyst will play an active role in vetting potential funding targets, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to support due diligence, investment decisions, and portfolio management.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Filter startup prospects for possible investment from both inbound flow and outreach efforts that are aligned with FRF’s investment thesis.
- Attend conferences, pitch nights, intro meetings, and exploratory meetings.
- Deep dive in specific technology areas while collaborating with SMEs (subject matter experts).
- Perform pitch deck reviews and data room analysis. Provide evaluations and recommendations.
- Perform due diligence and systematic market research and business analysis to yield insight into the startup’s team, brand, and images, as well as, the industry, TAM, and competitive landscape.
- Consult with legal, compliance, and other cross functional teams and resources.
- Create tables and graphs that clearly illustrate and articulate relevant factors, meaningful insights, and risks (ie: market adoption rates & growth potential).
- Assist in preparation of IC memos and present to LP’s.
- Support deal origination efforts. Manage and close early stage financing to approved investment targets.
- Gather, analyze, and summarize performance metrics and valuation updates of portfolio companies (active portfolio management).
- Stay up to date on industry trends by taking full advantage of digital news, industry events, networking opportunities, and the entrepreneurial community.
Ideal Qualificatioins include:
- BA or BS in Business or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years’ industry experience as an Analyst with a Venture Capital firm preferred.
- Experience in market research, investment management, data analytics, financial modeling, forecasting, IRRs, valuation techniques, and comparative statistics.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, most notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with data profiling tools a plus.
- Articulate communicator with strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Exceptionally analytical mindset with ability to make swift, logical decisions.
- Strong interest in emerging technologies, with eagerness to work in a highly entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Pragmatic and results focused.
If interested, please apply here.