Flat World Partners (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) (“FWP”) is an advisory and investment intermediary focused solely on impact investing. FWP specializes in identifying; evaluating and allocating successful impact investments. Our mission is to be forward thinking advisors, investing alongside our clients in financial first social investments; aligning the strategic interests of investors with the missions of social entrepreneurs.
Through our non-discretionary portfolio advisory we build customized impact portfolios that seek to maximize both financial and social returns.
Flat World Partners is seeking to hire a venture capital investment analyst for its New York office. The role will be responsible for sourcing investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and researching investment trends. Deep blockchain technology knowledge required.
• Evaluate and recommend new ideas for potential investment, including strategies that improve return and reduce portfolio risk, as well as support social impact objectives
• Research investment ideas and trends to identify and present new investment concepts and solutions for potential incorporation into the investment program.
• Perform research and quantitative analysis
• Have extensive experience analyzing, documenting, and monitoring alternative asset class investments
• Develop and maintain models and risk measurement tools to assess portfolio activities and investment managers.
• Ensure that best practices in benchmarking, peer analysis, and other assessment tools are implemented and used to facilitate improvements in investment results.
• Monitor and advise investment team on external trends and events (e.g. market, regulatory, accounting) impacting the investment portfolios.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 2-3 years VC experience required
• Deep blockchain technology knowledge required
• Knowledge of markets and investment analysis, in support of the incorporation of investment ideas and strategies that benefit portfolios.
• Knowledge of programming languages an advantage
• Emerging markets experience an advantage
• Ability to work well and collaborate with others
• Highly developed organizational and analytical skills
• Strong interest and/or knowledge in impact investing
• Highly pro-active
• Strong desire to work within a startup environment
• Keen attention to detail
• Excellent writing ability
Please contact email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.