Panorama is a specialized unit that systematically screens & catalogs the newest and most exciting financial technology innovation ideas globally and maintains a proprietary database on banking market revenue opportunities. A newly set up team within Panorama is focusing on strategy questions of clients related to the emerging integrated network economy consisting of ecosystems – defined as interconnected sets of services through which users can fulfill a variety of needs in one integrated experience.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will take part in collecting and synthesizing financial technology innovation information and key trends, contributing to the development of existing and future tools.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in Financial Technology and Digital Banking-related projects, including workshops and analytical studies for clients. You’ll also contribute to knowledge building efforts on digital banking, financial technology and innovation related topics.
You will be responsible for managing and coaching junior colleagues in both the development of existing FinTech tools and dissemination to clients and other McKinsey teams.
You will be expected to take part in building the larger McKinsey Panorama business, including the development of new products and participating in other banking efforts. Besides that you’ll also have the opportunity to work with other teams across McKinsey worldwide, both on an ad-hoc and regular basis.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Information Technology or related field; Master degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in banking sector, private equity or venture capital firm or closely related area
- Deep passion for innovation, startups and the financial technology
- Solid knowledge of banking markets and operations
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Aptitude to synthesize information from diverse sources and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experienced user of Excel, Database and programming knowledge is a plus
- Ability to motivate colleagues towards professional excellence; team management experience is a plus
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, can work efficiently under pressure and keep tight deadlines
If interested, please apply here.