Fifth Wall Ventures, a venture capital firm with $240M AUM and focused on Technology for the Built World, is seeking a talented individual to join our team. Fifth Wall connects the world’s largest owners and operators of real estate with the entrepreneurs and innovators who are redefining how the world interacts with its physical environment.
Fifth Wall co-founders Brad Greiwe and Brendan Wallace leveraged their deep real estate network to divide the industry into its major sub-sectors (brokerage, multifamily, office, hotels, homebuilding, retail, and industrial) and systematically raised capital from industry-leading corporates in each sector. After receiving significant investments from CBRE, Equity Residential, Hines, Host Hotels & Resorts, Lennar, Macerich, and Prologis, Fifth Wall is now able to offer early-stage real estate technology companies an unprecedented scale of distribution across every asset class of real estate.
Our Limited Partners are the largest and most influential owners and operators of real estate in the world. These innovative, industry-leading companies are the largest buyers, partners, and users of technology solutions; when they adopt a given technology solution, it often becomes industry standard. Through Fifth Wall, our strategic LPs are committed to identifying, partnering with, and investing in the next generation of Built World visionaries.
We invest in companies building revolutionary new businesses at the intersection of real estate and technology. Fifth Wall structures transformational partnerships between its strategic LPs and these emerging Built World technologies to help them fundamentally reimagine the way humans interact with their physical environment. Fifth Wall helps create unique competitive advantages for our portfolio companies to dramatically accelerate their growth.
We are looking for someone passionate about our mission and excited to join our growing team.
For a candidate looking learn how to create value for venture-backed companies or drive innovation into industry-leading companies, this will be an ideal role.
The ideal candidate should have experience in one or more of the following industries:
2) Venture Capital/Private Equity/Investment Banking
4) Real Estate
You will be playing a hands-on role across a range of activities and executing on best practices for our unique brand of venture capital. This will include exposure in three major areas:
1. Anchor engagement· Support structured deal review process and documentation as best-in-class value add investor· Deliver consistent interaction model and deepen strategic engagement model with LPs· Engage on broader innovation and change management agenda to improve adoption of portfolio company products
2. Portfolio company engagement· Collaborate with Fifth Wall team to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies for our portfolio companies· Develop structured engagement model between portfolio companies and corporates· Create best practice pilot and integration methodologies to improve effectiveness of go-to-market strategies for portfolio companies
3. Fifth Wall platform development· Develop and codify engagement models with external collateral, workplans and templates· Performing in-depth industry examination and producing written research/analysis utilized by our strategic LPs and investment teams to support and promote investment decisions, including: IC Memos, white papers, blog posts, executive summaries, and marketing presentations· Supporting PR/Marketing efforts including thought-leadership content sourcing/creation and coordinating Fifth Wall’s public-facing marketing efforts· Truly being an “all-purpose athlete” for Fifth Wall: no task is too big or too small· Helping establish internal fund processes and operational standards· Conducting market research on the real estate and hospitality technology sectors and mapping out target investment categories· Building out our proprietary market universe CRM and establishing a system for communication with Fifth Wall’s strategic LPs
Desired Skills & Experience·
Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier school (any major) with a record of achievement
· 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably with experience managing teams (consulting, entrepreneurship/start-ups, VC/PE, corporate venture capital, real estate, investment banking)
· Demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of conceptual and analytical problems· Superior analytical and strategic-thinking skills, combined with sound business judgement and commercial instincts
· Highly developed leadership and relationship-building skills to build consensus and motivate teams
· Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with an emphasis on being detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations to translate ideas into actionable recommendations under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated command of written and oral communication and strong business writing skills
· Ability to produce well-designed professional PowerPoint presentations
· Unquestionable ethics, integrity, work-ethic, and ability to collaboratively challenge perceived norms
Employment Type: Full Time
If interested, please apply here.