EQT Ventures, part of the the alternative investments firm EQT, seeks investment opportunities in primarily European start-ups. Run by a team of passionate start-up entrepreneurs with operational experience from some of the most successful companies in Europe, EQT Ventures has the ambition to become Europe’s leading multi-stage venture capital team. EQT Ventures seeks to partner with the most ambitious entrepreneurs in the formative stage of their companies to support them transforming into global winners. EQT Ventures is a diverse team with multiple nationalities represented. We look forward to continue building our success based on this.
The team is now expanding with a Venture Analyst position (one year program), based in Stockholm. The person holding this role will be an important member of the deal team that meets and evaluates tech start-ups based on their product, team, market potential and overall fit for EQT Ventures. The Venture Analyst will also be involved in building long-term relationships with entrepreneurs.
- Support the deal team in producing investment committee materials (presentations & financial models)
- Research companies, industries, and business models to give the larger EQT Ventures team thorough understanding of an industry and a company before making an investment decision
- Meet and evaluate early stage and growth tech companies
- Manage and track inbound leads and deal flow
Desired skills and experiences:
- At least two years in to Bachelor studies or equivalent within Business or Technology
- Operational experience from a tech start-up is a strong plus
- People skills: be proactive in the support to deal team, be humble and emphatic towards entrepreneurs, not afraid to speak up in team discussions
- Communication skills: effectively and succinctly communicates findings and conclusions to the rest of the EQT Ventures team, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical skills: develops unit metrics, quickly evaluates financials/P&L, builds forecasting models with various scenarios
- “Digital native”: easily understands new tech
- Proficient in Excel with an ability to break down and assess unstructured problems
- A “can do” attitude
- Thrives in fast paced and challenging environments
- Entrepreneurial in the way of work; simplifying processes, creative problem solving etc.
- Passionate about the ongoing digital transformation and the startup environment
- Curious about new technologies, companies, business models, people and ways to create sustainable value
- Genuinely interested in understanding challenges that entrepreneurs in tech startups are facing
- Informal in team constellations
If interested, please apply here.