We’re looking for an Investment Analyst to join our team in growing our seed-stage venture capital fund and accelerator platform.
ERA is a leading early-stage venture capital fund and technology accelerator based in NYC. Since 2011, ERA has invested in 150+ companies through its New York-based accelerator program and follow-on funds. Its portfolio companies are already playing leading roles in the evolution of virtually every major global industry.
The analyst will join ERA’s small investment team. The role requires participation in several different investment-related activities. Investment initiatives include accelerator “pre-seed” investing and follow-on venture investing.
- Sourcing and Analysis: Support the investment team in sourcing and analyzing potential investments. This includes meeting with prospective companies, participating in interviews and diligence processes, and drafting investment memos.
- Portfolio Tracking: Continuous direct contact with portfolio companies to collect information and metrics, and detailed analysis of their performance.
- Reporting: Assist in creating and updating of regular reporting to the partners and the firm’s investors. This role will assist with regular financial reporting, and regular qualitative reporting of the portfolio’s progress.
- Portfolio Company Support: Assist portfolio companies with financial modeling, investment decks, and related fundraising activities.
- Networking: Create and maintain relationships with founders and participants in the startup ecosystem.
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated interest in Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, Startups.
- College degree; 1‐4 years of prior work experience preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bonus points for PowerPoint and Keynote skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Relentless attention to detail, drive and disposition to thrive with minimal structure in an entrepreneurial environment. Flexibility to work independently and with teams.
- Organizational skills and a process-oriented approach.
- Ability to produce “client‐ready” memos, reports, & financial analyses.
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills.
Compensation: Full-time with full health benefits. Standard company vacation policy.
Start Date: Early 2018
Minimum two year commitment
To apply, please email email@example.com with:
- LinkedIn and other social media profile links
- Brief paragraph on why you are the best person for this job