Aramco’s regional investment teams are responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for investment in North America, Europe and globally. The teams will coordinate screening of new proposals with Saudi Aramco entities and corporate operations, perform extensive on-the-ground due diligence on target companies and its management, and lead the investment process and portfolio management of portfolio companies.
The Investment Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of venture capital investing. Sourcing, evaluation, development of investment memoranda, negotiation, execution, portfolio management, performance reporting, and exits of deals. This position will focus on investments in downstream oil & gas, energy efficiency, renewable energy and water technologies.
The job requires the typical physical demands of an office environment and is normally performed at 9009 West Loop South, Houston, Texas that is an air-conditioned, well-lighted office building that meets building, safety occupant health, and facility access codes.
Deal Sourcing & Screening
- Develop strong and wide networks with VC community (Limited Partnerships, Portfolio Companies, etc.), universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Source quality deals through networking and maintains deal flow & contact database entries
- Support screening processes to vet deals through strategic value considerations and economic soundness
- Perform site visits, calls and interviews with start-up management
- Investment Process
- Perform in-depth company and market assessments and due diligence that would cover a review of the target company’s management team, company financials, proposal’s market potential, company governance and structure, etc.
- Develop comprehensive Investment Memoranda for Investment Committee review
- Portfolio Management
- Coordinate timely information on company related issues to headquarters and management
- Support portfolio companies diligently to succeed and adding value to the portfolio
- Deal Exits
- Support development of exit recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Reporting & Communication
- Develop periodic information and updates on portfolio performance to headquarters and management
- Support proper communication protocol with affiliate offices and support teams
- Communications – the incumbent must have strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly articulate and both support and challenge ideas and recommendations. Strong relationship skills and can proactively engage with peers and start-up company management to resolve issues.
- Teamwork – aligns actions to promote achievement of team goals, influences others’ activities toward group goals, inspires self-confidence in others, places high priority on team performance, mentors less experienced professionals, resolves conflicts and removes obstacles.
- Analytical skills – capable of analyzing problems in a logical manner and recommending solutions, considers both the long- and short-term impact of proposed solutions and develops workable solutions. Strong financial and non-financial analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or Sciences. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent is considered given technical experience and capability. Post-graduate qualification i.e., MBA, CFA or equivalent desired.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in venture capital, corporate venture capital, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, start-up leadership or related fields.
- Experience in venture capital or corporate venture capital preferred.
- Experience in energy or industrial sectors preferred.
- International experience desirable.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined.
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette. Occasional irregular or after hours work may be required. Accountable, takes responsibility for actions, makes decisions on best data available and follows through, remains focused on delivering to goals and managing risk. Ethical and honest, high integrity and trustworthy.
If interested, please apply here.