Asia’s leading airline was established with the dream of making flying possible for everyone. Since 2001, AirAsia has swiftly broken travel norms around the globe and has risen to become the world’s best. Driven by the Dare to Dream spirit, we pride ourselves in being the region’s largest low-cost carrier, serving 24 countries and over 130 destinations. We are not confined by walls, except when we need to answer the call of nature, so all departments mingle every day. As we embrace new technology to become a digital airline, services like BIG Duty Free, BIG Pay, BIG Loyalty, Touristly, ROKKI and Xcite Inflight Entertainment will be an exciting evolution, placing us ahead of the game. Are you in? AirAsia is set to take low-cost flying to an all new heights with our belief
“Now Everyone Can Fly:
The role will entail successful incumbent to conduct research and information for the company, fund managers and stock brokers to make sound decision on investments. The information will ensure investment portfolios are well managed and that potential investment opportunities are highlighted.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes investment portfolio by collecting, monitoring and studying data as well as recommending proposal.
- Consistently monitor the private entities value and to add value as a joint venture.
- Develop financial forecasting and modelling as well as prepare financial reporting.
- Conduct industry and market research.
- Provide ongoing fundamental credit analysis of investments in the portfolio by accessing SEC filings, financial statements, issuer reports, management calls and third-party research to ascertain creditworthiness and articulate investment views.
- Screen and identify securities that meet the Investments team’s criteria for new investments and provide ongoing due diligence of existing holdings to stay abreast of the credit ratings.
- Execute securities transactions in public and private debt markets; support the Accounting Department in verifying transactions, gathering data for the annual audit review, generating reports and other duties.
- Collect and interpret a wide range of data (e.g. credit metrics, yield and price developments), presenting key findings to the team in order to make informed investment decisions.
- Monitor portfolio risks and market developments; formulate opinions on sector, asset class exposures and rotations when warranted.
- Build quantitative tools to support the portfolio management process, utilizing new and existing systems (e.g. Bloomberg).
- Enhance understanding of business, legal/compliance and accounting issues involved in the evaluation of investments. Maintain and update the team’s various models and spreadsheets (e.g. risk monitoring tools, key indicators, audit files).
- Participate in the preparation of the quarter-end and year-end financial statement packages for distribution to the management.
- Prepare long and short-term cash flow analyses for management’s review.
- Assist in the preparation of the firm’s annual budget and monitor budget-to-actual variances.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or quantitative math/science discipline with 3-5 years of credit analysis experience in the financial and investment services industry or investment consulting house.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) would be an advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of professional finance and/or investment experience.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities, detail-oriented with critical reasoning skills.
- Ability to perform research and analysis on private companies.
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems.
- Strong excel and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally.
What you’ll get in return:
- RedQ facilities including a Lil Star Child Care, physiotherapy centre, AllStars in-house clinic.
- A state of the art gym with a personal trainer, sleeping pods.
- Lunch allowance to use on daily meals, cafeteria, coffee bar, salad bar and a three-storey spiral slide.
- and much more…
If interested, please apply here.