This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the Corporate Development team working on strategic acquisitions, divestitures and partnerships across the Aetna enterprise as well as with venture capital investments. The Business Consultant, Corporate Development will produce a variety of analyses (e.g., financial, market size estimates,competitor positioning, trends, portfolio analyses, etc.), and presentation materials related to several projects simultaneously. This person will also interact with cross-functional team members as required in support of initiatives.
- Create effective presentations, and other communications.
- Participate in the development of consistent, efficient and cost effective processes, procedures and appropriate accountability.
- Provide an objective, consistent, disciplined approach to evaluating potential acquisitions, partnerships or business combinations.
- Perform industry and competitor research analysis to assess the competitive environment for various industries as well as evaluate business, operating and financial models.
- Support transaction team in developing process tactics and providing transaction documentation.
- Conduct financial and accounting analysis, i.e. develop detailed, 3-statement financial models, assess financial trends and incorporate new or incremental accounting concepts in the analysis.
- Develop financial models and analyses, including pro-formas, company valuations, business operating plans and scenario analyses.
- Perform comprehensive transaction impact analysis, i.e. return on invested capital, internal rate of return, net present value and accretion/dilution analysis.
- Actively participate in and supervise due diligence processes and investigation.
- Contribute in special projects that impact the entire organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, corporate finance advisory, financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, or similar;
- Strong analytical, corporate finance and accounting skills;
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel a must;
- Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions;
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated personal integrity with the ability to inspire trust and create an environment of constructive debate that encourages diverse opinion, yet supports management decisions;
- Collaborative style, with the ability to establish working relationships across the Business Units, Corporate Development and other corporate functions as well as with external advisors and constituents;
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task in stressful environments;
- Self-starter and a team player;
- Expresses ideas clearly, concisely and logically;
- Strong oral and written presentation skills;
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
If interested, please apply here.