The foundation to accelerating technology innovation is strategic outreach and sourcing. As a Venture Analyst, you will help us identify new solutions, approaches and innovative technologies that enhance the reliability of MISO’s systems or value created for MISO stakeholders. You will build on MISO’s external networks and relationships with ISO/RTO’s, MISO Members, along with leading Universities, R&D organizations and government agencies for innovation. If you want to join a team who will focus on emerging, disruptive and transformational technologies to prepare MISO for it’s future? APPLY HERE.
In one year, our Venture Analyst will know they were successful if they…
- have helped to create a company-wide strategy for university research support and exploration.
- create and maintain a progress dashboard of specific projects and monitor the ability for value to be created in applying innovative technologies to business challenges and opportunities.
- supports the business transformation innovation portfolio and change management initiatives
- have established strong relationships with team members and business partners.
- demonstrate MISO’s core values and consistently work to add value through process improvement.
What we are looking for:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, STEM or related field or approximately 5-8 years of related experience
- experience with technical writing, problem-solving skills to define the problem and hypothesize the proposed solution, research, and/or data analytics
- a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach.
- someone that is curious, a quick learner, relationship builder, and interested in working cross-functionally internally and externally to explore solutions to future problems
- effective time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. Through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.
IF interested, please apply here.