Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services.
You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Baxter Ventures invests in companies with innovative technologies, products, and therapies that have the ability to accelerate innovation and growth for the company.
The company’s focus includes therapeutic areas complementary to those of its Hospital Products and Renal business segments, as well as cutting-edge technologies and therapies outside of its current product portfolio that have sustainable long-term growth potential.
- Newly-created position, key member of the investment team, supporting new and existing venture investments.
- Source new investment opportunities/review potential investment opportunities of preliminary interest
- Evaluate/build supportive business cases of potential investment opportunities, including scientific, clinical and commercial evaluation, market validation and financial modeling
- Translate project team’s analytical findings into a sound investment case and develop investment memos that can be presented to senior management for investment consideration;
- Secure support from colleagues throughout the Baxter Ventures, global business development community, franchises and relevant functional areas to supplement necessary analyses and address key uncertainties
- Research/evaluate new areas of innovation in target diseases/therapeutic areas relevant to our areas of strategic interest;
- Provide fund management support to internal teams, including creating fund reports and supporting reporting needs