Global Innovation Center (GIC) is a fast growing corporate ventures and strategy group that is part of Samsung Electronics. We are based in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York, and Seoul. GIC works with entrepreneurs and start-ups to create break-out software and services. GIC leverages the dynamic culture of the Valley and of startup ecosystems around the world, allowing diversely talented individuals to form organic teams and pursue innovation, while providing essential early stage resources: capital, infrastructure, distribution, and guidance. Global Innovation Center is active in the following areas:
- Investments in software and services startups (seed, Series A)
- Acquisitions of early stage technology startups
- Partnerships with leading media and tech companies
- Funding, resources, and support for entrepreneurs building market-facing products
- Samsung Accelerator and SmartThings are part of the Global Innovation Center
- Samsung Accelerator, with locations in NY and SF, provides strategic capital, product support, and independence to seasoned entrepreneurs so they can build market-driven software and services.
- SmartThings is an open Internet of Things platform that is helps consumers turn their homes into a smart home.
The Strategic Investments Group (SIG) makes venture capital investments primarily in software and services companies that have the potential to deliver strategic impact to Samsung Electronics. Investment areas are broad and include data analytics, AI, cloud, AR/VR, enterprise, security, IoT, and digital health. SIG has offices in New York (Manhattan) and Mountain View, CA. SIG is a part of the Global Innovation Center (GIC) whose mission is to empower entrepreneurs to create break-out products. Other GIC teams include acquisitions, partnerships, operations and the Samsung Accelerator.