Lift Ventures is a San Francisco-based company that incubates, acquires, and invests in data-driven online businesses.
Since inception, we’ve built 5+ digital media/content businesses that have reached over 75 million users to date. To accelerate the growth of these businesses, we leverage a shared operating platform that we expand and improve each year.Our incubation portfolio covers several major consumer verticals and includes leading websites like ReviewLab, SuperSummary, JobHero, TripBuzz, and SmartScholar. We are profitable and growing rapidly, and in the process of building a larger team to support these existing businesses as well as help launch new ones.Role Description:
We are looking to bring on a new Associate/Senior Associate for our Ventures Team to work as an interim General Manager for one or more of our businesses. This role will be structured as a rotational role in which the person joining the team will spend the first 3-6 months primarily focused on growing one of the major businesses launched via our Studio.
In this role, the new hire will leverage our team’s deep expertise in scaling similar businesses to develop and execute on a winning strategic plan that spans product, marketing, and monetization. We believe that this provides a unique learning opportunity for someone early in their career who is looking for a leadership role in an entrepreneurial environment.
At the end of the rotation, the Associate/Senior Associate would have the opportunity either to stay on with that business in a more permanent capacity (e.g. as a full-time GM), rotate on to another interim GM role within the portfolio, or work with our Ventures team to evaluate future business incubation opportunities.
Specific functional responsibilities and activities in this role include:
- Market Research & Analysis (build deep understanding of industry dynamics and growth opportunities using proprietary data sources, internal tools, and primary research)
- Strategic Planning (build forecasting models, create strategic roadmaps for traffic and revenue growth, evaluate potential acquisitions)
- Product Management (collect and analyze user feedback, identify and map out product improvements, oversee development work, run A/B tests to improve user engagement)
- Marketing & Business Development (design and implement new marketing and monetization tests, conduct outreach and build partnerships)
Given the challenging and diverse nature of this position, our ideal candidate will have previously held generalist roles that have allowed him or her to develop a broad skillset that spans primary and secondary research, complex data analysis, and project management. We value deep analytical expertise, creative problem-solving skills, and a track record of high performance in demanding positions.
Additional experience that will prove valuable in this role includes any development/design experience, previous exposure to online marketing (especially SEO), and/or experience working in a lean, small company/startup environment.
Here are some more details about our ideal candidate profile:
- 2-5 years of work experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm, venture capital /private equity fund, and/or in a corporate strategy role at a technology company
- Experience analyzing complex datasets using Excel (experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or Python is also helpful)
- Demonstrated passion for technology/startups/venture capital
- Strong academic performance at top-tier university (technical major is a plus)
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If interested, please apply here.