ZZ Ventures is a newly founded venture firm headquartered in San Francisco. We are a subsidiary of Zhongzhi Enterprise Group (company overview below), one of the leading financial service groups in China.
Zhongzhi Enterprise Group (ZEG) is one of China’s leading financial service groups with over RMB 1 trillion (USD 150 billion) assets under management. Headquartered in Beijing, the company has four segments: Financial Services, Private Equity, Wealth Management, and Leasing & SME Lending.
Currently, ZEG is globalizing its private equity effort and has established a flagship venture capital platform – ZZ Ventures – with its global headquarters in San Francisco. ZZ Ventures seeks highly compelling and strategically relevant growth stage direct and fund investment opportunities in the financial services, technology, education, and healthcare sectors. Typical investment size ranges from USD 10-50 million.
Leveraging its extensive resources and connections in leading public and private companies in China, ZZ Ventures will assist in implementing global strategies for its portfolio companies, in successfully penetrating the Chinese market, and in facilitating access to a deep bench of operating expertise, industry insights, and high-quality relationships. ZZ Ventures can create significant value through connecting its portfolio companies and management teams to a vast network in China, thereby yielding attractive exit opportunities.
The Principal will be a seasoned investment professional who has work experience in venture capital or growth equity. He/she will assist with the team leader on sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing the firm’s investment in Financial Services, Education, Information Technology, and Healthcare.
- Quarterbacking all stages of a venture capital investment including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research, development of investment themes, modeling, due diligence, structuring, documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies and understand investment capital structure and shareholder rights to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with senior management
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals in the firm
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies in order to maximize value of investments
- Develop an “informed perspective” of assigned sectors including managing and building relationships with VC firms, startup accelerators, founders and other members of the innovation ecosystem
- Over 8 years of work experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or major technology corporation. Work experiences in San Francisco Bay Area or Wall Street preferred
- China-related industry or venture investment experience strongly preferred
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to details is critical
- Excellent knowledge of financial modeling and comprehension of accounting
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare comprehensive and insightful investment memoranda
- MBA or other advanced degrees from a top-tier graduate program
- Personal characteristics: high intellect, intellectually curious, integrity, professional, strong work ethic, entrepreneurial, results-driven
Please send your resume and LinkedIn URL to Icey Yuan (firstname.lastname@example.org).