First Round is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed stage companies win. We love meeting incredible entrepreneurs and rolling up our sleeves to help founders build their companies from day one. We have offices in Philadelphia, New York and San Francisco.
We’re looking to add a Partner Operations Manager (think of it as a Chief of Staff role) to our team who will work directly with Partner Josh Kopelman as his trusted right-hand. At First Round, individuals in this role supercharge our investment team by creating and managing processes that deliver world-class services and experiences to entrepreneurs. This role will engage across all functions of the partnership at First Round, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, partner branding/marketing, portfolio engagement, financial reporting and management of administrative staff. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Managing and tracking new investment opportunities
- Managing and tracking relationships and communication within the First Round community and partner networks
- Conducting research and investment diligence
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives, etc.)
- Managing and processing email communication
- Managing partner projects and events
- Overseeing scheduling and contact management performed by executive assistant
Who we’re looking for:
This is a unique opportunity in which individuals from many backgrounds could excel. Here are just a few examples of profiles we think could be great:
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- A generalist with a penchant for learning new things and a passion for tech.
- A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive.
- We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you’re laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized and reliable above all else.
You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You’re a fantastic (and prolific) writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with seasoned CEOs, founders and entrepreneurs.
This position is not:
- An associate position nor a partner-track role. Instead, it is an ideal opportunity to get involved with building incredible companies and to learn from the best of the best.
Expected to source companies or to be directly entrepreneur-facing. Rather, you will work with Josh to help review/ analyze/ prioritize existing deal flow.
- We hope to meet with candidates with at least 2–3 years of working experience. At First Round, we value resourcefulness, diversity, excellence and hustle.
How to apply:
Please email Christina Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief note about why this role speaks to you. We look forward to hearing from you!