First Round is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed stage companies win. We love meeting incredible entrepreneurs and rolling up our sleeves to help founders build their companies from day one. We have offices in Philadelphia, New York, and San Francisco.
We’re looking to add a Partner Operations Manager (think of it as a Chief of Staff role) to our team who will work directly with Partner Josh Kopelman as his trusted right hand. At First Round, Partner Ops Managers supercharge our investment team by creating and managing processes that deliver world-class services and experiences to entrepreneurs. This role will engage across all functions of the partnership at First Round, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, partner branding and marketing, portfolio engagement, and management of administrative staff. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Qualifying, managing, and tracking new investment opportunities
- Managing and tracking relationships and communication within the First Round community and partner networks
- Conducting research and investment diligence
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives)
- Managing partner projects and events
- Overseeing scheduling and contact management performed by executive assistants
This position is not:
- An associate position or partner-track role. Instead, it’s an ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in the tech industry and learn the art of company building from a community of skilled investors and operators.
- Expected to source investments or be directly entrepreneur-facing. Rather, you will work with Josh to help review, analyze, and prioritize existing deal flow.
- All glamorous. It involves a lot of behind-the-scenes work. Josh spends a large portion of the day in his inbox — and you will too.
Who we’re looking for:
Individuals from many different backgrounds can excel in this role. Past Ops Managers have had varied experience in media, finance, startups, and academia. Here are a few profiles that could be a great fit for the work:
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- A generalist who loves learning new things and has a passion for tech.
- A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you’re laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized and reliable above all else.
- You’re a great teammate with no ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative. You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You’re a fantastic (and prolific) writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with seasoned CEOs, founders and entrepreneurs.
If this sounds like you, and you have at least 2–3 years of working experience, we’d love to hear from you. At First Round, we value resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and hustle.
Interested? Apply here!