Samsung Ventures America (SVA) (Crunchbase) is the US office for Samsung’s US investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and build relationships with various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductor, materials, telecommunication, software, Internet, mobile service, security, enterprise solution, bio engineering and medical industry, film/video industry, while potential investment subjects range from start-ups to established companies that are about to be listed in the stock market. Currently, the group has $1.7+ Billion under management, and is expected to grow and invest up to approximately $300M over the next two to three years.
Responsible for leading Samsung Venture’s investment activity and building a pipeline of technology companies relevant to the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify companies and technologies of financial interest to Samsung Ventures for early, mid, and late stage investments
- This individual will lead the investment team around technology and strategic direction
- Map investment trends and develop a pipeline of companies for partnership or acquisition
- Make selected minority investments in areas aligned with Samsung Ventures strategy
- Responsible for supporting US-based portfolio companies subsequent to investment
- Objective both strategic and financial
- Improve Samsung Ventures reputation, image and visibility within the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Communicate broadly to the ecosystem where Samsung Ventures has and can add value
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant technology and investment experience
- 3+ years of VC investment
- Preferably educated to Graduate Level. Must have at least a Masters degree in Engineering
- Ability to take a hypothesis-driven approach to investment decision-making
- Financial modeling and superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If interested, click here.