McKinsey & Company has deep relationships with executives at most of the world’s largest organizations. You will work with our leadership to identify opportunities to work with these organizations on the corporate venture topic. Your role will be to radiate the capabilities of the service line as well as your own personal expertise on the core issues related to corporate venture and innovation that are facing our clients. Identifying and understanding where disruption is taking place is critical to the success of our clients. You will work to build a network of start-ups and their supporters (e.g., accelerators), which our clients can then have access to. One focus of this role will be to work with our colleagues around the world to ensure that we have these relationships on a global level as a firm.
- Experience scoping and managing strategic consulting engagements in a top-tier consulting environment, ideally on topics related to innovation strategy
- Experience working within innovation group or corporate venture capital arm of a major corporation or as leader of an entrepreneurial company
- Demonstrated ability to turn first conversations into thought partnerships and eventual project work
- Ability to be “stand-alone” in senior client settings
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Proven passion for helping to grow a new business
- Exceptional project management skills
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Willingness to spend significant time with corporations and start-ups, many of which are located in Silicon Valley
Who You’ll Work With You’ll work with McKinsey’s Fast Growth Tech practice in either San Francisco or Silicon Valley. The Fast Growth practice is part of McKinsey’s New Ventures.
The McKinsey Fast Growth practice is a new firm-sponsored initiative targeted to drive success in the ecosystem of start-ups, their investors, and business partners. To date we have served more than 100 startup companies and related organizations on topics like pricing, sales effectiveness, product value propositions, and customer churn. We are growing rapidly and are looking for people who are passionate about this ecosystem to come and join us.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You’ll Do You will lead our efforts to serve large corporations on their innovation strategies related to investing in start-ups.
You will be responsible for driving the overall growth and success of the service line through strategic planning and execution. This includes both engaging on projects to drive their corporate venturing strategy as well as running innovation bootcamps where these clients join workshops with innovative start-ups in their field.
If interested, please apply here.