The individual will be a member of the corporate development team and provide support on work associated with mergers and acquisitions consistent with JCI’ overall business strategy. The individual will support the targeting, valuation and due diligence review processes to ensure that all M&A activities meet JCI’s financial and business objectives.The Corporate Development Office plays a pivotal role to drive increased enterprise value by applying industry experience with proactive deal making to achieve strategic objectives and drive corporate growth.
The Office is tasked with creating value on a long-term basis, helping maintain the company’s competitive advantages, and achieving its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities, (ii) evaluating acquisitions, divestitures, investments and other transactions and (iii) managing the deal execution and integration processes.
- Providing analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development, valuation analysis, industry research, and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations and internal transaction review/approval documents for senior management
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and three statement modeling
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A strategic alternatives
- Assisting in the due diligence process, including process planning, project management of various work streams and ultimately integration of all due diligence findings into reports and implications analyses
- Supporting integration planning as needed, along with other business and functional personnel
- Supporting any dispositions of assets, facilities or businesses such as may arise in future
- Providing analytical support to ad hoc projects as required
- Build and maintain productive relationships with business unit officers, target company management teams, and industry and professional networks that can assist in corporate development initiatives. Assess and continually improve the internal deal selection, M&A execution and post-deal monitoring processes
- 3-5 years of relative work experience
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant degree required
- MBA, or other relevant degree from a top tier program preferred
- Highly motivated and talented individual with demonstrated interest in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting, and financial markets
- Strong team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, resourceful and flexible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to succinctly express ideas to various audiences including senior management and external advisors
- Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with financial analysis techniques and GAAP/IFRS
- Experience with business valuation and financial modeling (e.g., comparable company, precedent transactions, IRR, leverage buy-out, discounted cash flow and three statement models) Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel (intermediate skill level), Powerpoint and Word
- Experience working in a transactional environment (corporate development, venture capital, private equity, investment banking or substantially equivalent experience) preferred
- Ability to manage competing projects and priorities
- Must be detail oriented and process driven
If interested, please apply here.