Amazon is seeking a talented Corporate Development MBA Intern who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, minority investments and select strategic partnerships across the company. Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses. The candidate will act as the primary contact in supporting Amazon’s business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations and recommendations, and driving acquisition term sheets and contract negotiations. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Additionally, this role requires a strong ability to build both internal and external relationships with the start-up and venture capital communities.
This position is based in Amazon’s headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Key Strategic Objectives
· Identify appropriate opportunities which support Amazon’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
· Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration
· Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
· Currently enrolled in an MBA program
· 3+ years of experience in a relevant role, including business development, investment banking, corporate development or dynamic roles within technology or media companies
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA is strongly preferred)
· 4+ years in M&A, investment banking, or venture investing experience in technology sectors
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of senior management and external executives
· Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
· Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
· Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If interested, please apply here.