Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Corporate Development Associate that will help shape our organic and inorganic growth strategy through market research and analysis, and execute on that strategy by partnering cross-functionally to source, evaluate and structure acquisitions and partnerships. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
- Conduct market research and analysis to holistically assess the restaurant tech landscape, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy / partner analyses based upon the company’s strategic objectives
- Play a key role in building and maintaining the corporate development pipeline, including the identification and sourcing of new opportunities
- Support the transaction execution process from end-to-end, including cross-functional diligence, deal structuring and negotiation
- Build rigorous valuation and business case models
- Synthesize analyses and recommendations into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Develop, implement and maintain corporate development processes and decision-making frameworks based upon industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting or corporate development
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform company strategy
- Expert Excel skills; experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate complex analyses into structured recommendations and present to all levels of management
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
If interested, please apply here.