With more than 175 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace. eBay Inc. connects people around the world, empowering them to buy and sell online by providing the Internet platform of choice for global commerce.
eBay’s Corporate Development Team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, executing and integrating the company’s strategic acquisitions, strategic partnerships, investments, and divestitures.
The role of the team is to:
- Align M&A strategy with overall eBay strategy and set clear prioritization
- Do deals that are strategic to the company, create value and are thoroughly explored through analysis and due diligence
- Ensure targets are well prepared for integration to achieve strategic objectives
- Deploy best in class processes to efficiently and effectively complete transactions
The team works closely with eBay’s CEO, CFO, CTO and business and operational leaders to enable go/no-go decision-making for potential inorganic growth opportunities. The team is responsible for developing unique market insights and strong industry & venture capital relationships to proactively identify the most attractive M&A, strategic partnership and investment opportunities. The team consistently assesses opportunities to ensure a strong strategic rationale, makes the case for buying vs. building vs. partnering, aligns the organizational fit and integration plan, develops the business case including synergies, performs valuation, drives structure, negotiates and executes transactions.
The Corporate Development Associate will play an important role in supporting the Corporate & Business Development Team’s projects and activities. This will include:
- Developing and implementing decision-making frameworks for evaluation of acquisition and investment opportunities
- Support senior leaders driving consensus on complex strategic questions with engagement from senior management, cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Prepare executive-ready presentations with strategic framing, analysis, and recommendations
- Develop insightful analysis of key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Identifying and evaluating (both independently and in collaboration with eBay’s business units) potential candidates for acquisition or investment
- Conducting rigorous valuation analyses (using multiple methodologies) and business/integration case modeling in order to provide detailed guidance regarding potential acquisitions or investments
- Coordinating due diligence reviews of potential candidates, and evaluating the due diligence results.
- Facilitating and managing acquisition and investment processes with cross-functional groups involving persons from our business units and our Corporate Strategy, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Site Operations, Product Management, and Product Development teams
Candidates for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience. Work experience at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting firm, private equity or venture capital firm is preferred
- Experience in settings that require critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions, to multi-task and to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong project management skills including ability to drive multiple end-to-end projects simultaneously
- Interest in ecommerce & web-based businesses
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
- Familiarity with eBay, with experience buying and selling on eBay
IF interested, please apply here.