Associates are key contributors to Propel Venture (Crunchbase) investment and operations activities on a day-to-day basis and have significant opportunity to gain early stage investment experience as well as startup experience in a venture capital setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the investment team to evaluate and execute investments, including managing diligence, financial, technology, and valuation analyses, memo preparation, investment closings, and post investment management
- Diving into new markets, developing theses around industry trends and market opportunities, and constructing competitive analyses
- Building and maintaining internal systems, models, and portfolio performance tracking worksheets
- Sourcing investments by identifying and evaluating potential investment opportunities and constructing frameworks to surface new opportunities
- Networking and building relationships with critical partners in the ecosystem (entrepreneurs, VCs, executives, advisers, industry experts, etc)
- Organizing internal and external reporting with a focus on quarterly newsletters, LP meetings, and CEO summits
- Assisting with the coordination and management of internal and external service providers
- Understanding of business models, startups, information technology trends and a genuine interest in financial services
- Strong tech acumen, financial analysis and valuation skills
- High intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial, analytical, driven, creative
- High level of maturity and ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Collaborative and persuasive temperament
- Good fit with team and culture
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and work in a startup environment
- Plugged into the ecosystem – someone that understands the landscape, knows relevant contacts and is excited about particular areas
- MBA Preferred, but not mandatory
If interested, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a short introduction of yourself, why you’d be great for this role and what are your interests in venture financing or fintech specifically (max. total length not more than one page).
Also available here.