Princeville Global is a venture capital fund focused on investing in breakout stage companies in the US, Asia and around the world. Founded in 2015 by experienced investors and financiers with decades of experience in the technology sector and backed by limited partners with deep and long-standing networks in Asia, PVG looks to back leading companies in both consumer and B2B sectors. PVG’s strategy is to serve as a value-added partner to entrepreneurs and traditional venture capital firms, bringing sophisticated capabilities in particular areas – including international expansion and M&A/capital markets expertise – that supplement the capabilities of existing management teams and boards of directors. With offices in San Francisco and Hong Kong, PVG is at its foundation a cross-Pacific firm – identifying opportunities, sharing best practices, and facilitating international expansion strategies.
As one of a small team of investment professionals reporting directly to the partners, the associate will have a broad spectrum of responsibilities and must be comfortable in a dynamic, start-up like environment where every team member exhibits an ownership mentality and high level of personal accountability. As a member of a new fund, the associate will be instrumental in helping to define best practices and will be afforded a level of exposure and scope of responsibility atypically broad for this type of role. While the role is anticipated to be 2-3 year position, there is no defined “program” and there is an opportunity for the exceptional performer to continue to progress within the firm.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying and researching new investment areas, including collecting and synthesizing data, developing market maps and conducting other industry analyses.
- Tracking key industry trends, including financing and acquisition activity, product and competitive activity, and other relevant events.
- Conducting due diligence, including business, competitive, financial, technology and other areas – may require travel in the US and internationally.
- Financial analysis, including returns modeling, comparable company analysis, company model analysis and “stress testing”, KPI analysis and benchmarking, and other analyses.
- Supporting partners in deal sourcing.
- Supporting partners in communication and collaboration with key Limited Partners.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university, with demonstrated track record of academic achievement
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant work experience, preferably at a top tier investment bank (technology banking), tech focused VC/PE firm, strategy consulting firm (technology client work), or corporate development/strategy/new business development role at a major tech company.
- Excellent quantitative skill-set, particularly in the area of financial modeling
- Strong project management skills, and an ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without support of a large team
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written – able to project maturity and confidence to management teams, co-investors and Limited Partners
- Familiarity and knowledge of emerging technologies with an innate passion for technology
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-confident with team player mentality and intellectual curiosity
Cover letters not required, send short message and resume only to: Matt Krna at email@example.com.