Innovation Endeavors (LinkedIn, CrunchBase, AngelList) is an early-stage venture capital firm partnering with startups that apply cutting-edge technology to transform large industries. The firm runs a dedicated global team that builds industry networks to create value for its portfolio companies. Innovation Endeavors has offices in Silicon Valley and Tel-Aviv and is solely backed by Eric Schmidt (CrunchBase, AngelList) the Executive Chairman of Alphabet (formerly Google). Some of the companies in our portfolio include Planet Labs, SoFi, Blue River Technology, and Zymergen.
Role Description: We are looking for a sharp individual who is passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming and disrupting large industries. The role includes:
- Building new investment theses by analyzing and assessing new markets
- Conducting market research through interviews, conferences, and other sources
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in spaces of interest
- Proactively finding and meeting interesting companies and exceptional teams
- Conduct research, customer calls, expert interviews, investor conversations, etc.
- Synthesize findings and make recommendation to investment team
- Portfolio company support:
- Support companies with strategy, hiring, business development, and planning for future financing
- Supporting and managing the firm’s investment process, including:
- Ensure pipeline management and efficiency across the team
- Support the investment process once the decision to invest has been made
- Manage portfolio performance analytics
- Interface with layers and other external entities as needed
Desired Skills and Experience: We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of previous work experience, ideally with a background in management consulting or banking. Technical background or technical experience is preferred but not required. Previous investing experience is also not required.
The ideal candidate:
- Is extremely passionate and excited by the intersection of large markets and emerging technologies
- s based in the Bay Area (or is willing to relocate to the Bay Area)
- Graduated from a top university
- Has 2-4 years of work experience at a top-tier firm in a related field (e.g., VC, entrepreneurship, mgmt. consulting)
- Has a strong business toolkit and critical thinking skills; has a good grasp of technology and tech business models
- Has strong interpersonal skills, a creative problem-solving style, and exceptional work ethic
- Super power is execution; is a self-starter and able to initiate work or projects
- Enjoys working in a small team environment
If you are interested in learning more about the role or applying, please send your resume and an email cover letter to Sam Smith-Eppsteiner at firstname.lastname@example.org.