White Star Capital is a global technology investment platform partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs who are building the iconic companies of tomorrow. With offices in New York, Toronto, Montreal, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong, our presence, perspective and deep operational expertise enable us to partner with founders to help them scale globally from Series A onwards.
Find out more at www.whitestarcapital.com
We have backed a number of leading start-ups at the Series A and Series B stages globally, including the likes of Freshly, Tier Mobility, Dollar Shave Club, Clark, Meero, Parsley Health and Butternut Box. We are now actively looking to expand our team to support our investment activities in the US. Our international perspective is key to what we do, and so we are focused on finding the right individual who is a self-starter and open to traveling/working remotely. We’re looking for a pre-MBA candidate with 1–3 years of professional experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying opportunities for the firm and assisting in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities
- Representing the firm in meetings with founders and at industry events
- Building and maintaining a US-focused network
- Leading sector deep dives, building expertise and publishing content in our areas of focus
- Support in non-deal flow related tasks and projects
This is a unique opportunity to experience all facets of VC, from deal sourcing to evaluating investment opportunities, transaction support and portfolio management, while also being part of an international team of investors.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Demonstrable interest in Venture Capital through previous work experience whether it be at tech startups, investment banking, consulting, or private equity;
- An international component to your background or professional history: we welcome candidates fluent in more than one language, who previously lived in a different country, or worked internationally;
- Intellectual curiosity: to identify the highest potential startups, to do in-depth sector research and write investment memos, and to diligence investment opportunities (including researching competitive landscapes, building financial models, market sizing and running diligence calls);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capability to take initiative, work autonomously, and to make sure all the details are just right; adept communicator with a network of individuals who think highly of you — you’ll be often talking to entrepreneurs and investors on behalf of White Star Capital;
- Exceptional skills in Excel and financial modeling: you understand how to read financial statements & forecasts and to build a dynamic model, how to extrapolate narratives from large sets of incomplete qualitative and quantitative data; you have a focus on actionable insights supported by data that can drive decision-making processes;
- Passion for new technologies and emerging business models;
- Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and a desire for independence.
We expect a tremendous amount from our team, but we are confident it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to grow one’s career in the venture capital business.
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
Please apply for this position through this FORM. We will review applications as they come and reach out if there is a fit. Thank you!