As a Venture Associate: at Wavemaker Labs:,: you will help manage the growth and business development for our portfolio companies. This will entail all aspects of building a new business, including: writing business plans; building financial models; putting together pitch decks; branding & marketing; hiring key employees; working directly with corporate partners; and assisting in fundraising activities.
- Commit to desired outcomes …define desired outcomes and achieve them vigorously
- Challenge assumptions …to ensure great outcomes
- Prudent optimism …glass-half-full, with a dose of caution to challenge our assumptions
- No egos, no jerks …no joke
- Excellence/Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds the root cause of problems, owns/acts on resolving problems
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team meet goals, welcomes new team members and promotes a team atmosphere
- Learning/Self-Development: Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- Decisiveness and Sense of Urgency: Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, meets deadlines.
- Manage multiple resources in order to hit deadlines and complete deliverables
- Assist in fundraising activities, including forecasting and financial modeling
- Network and relationship building for the firm
- Complete multiple deep dives across various industries in order to research trends and present new investment opportunities to the Labs team
- Manage business develop opportunities for up to 5 companies and business ideas at any one time
- Use available data and information to make and substantiate recommendations across a functional areas
- Bachelor’s degree required; 3+ years of full-time work experience
- Experience in finance, audit, consulting, venture capital nice to have
- Great at boiling complex ideas down to their core and communicating them effectively to any audience
- Great written communication skills, especially related to describing a complex business or idea
- Strong MS Excel and Presentation (Powerpoint, Keynote, etc.) skills
- Can make conversation with anyone and help people tell their best story
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills
If interested, please apply here.