VSC Ventures is an early-stage fund focused on the three areas where we expect tremendous value creation over the next decade: Work, Wellness, and World-Saving (the 3 Dubs). Our General Partner/ Founder Vijay Chattha is an investor or equity stakeholder in more than 40 startups including Admob, PAX Labs, Tonal, and Poshmark.. He serves as the agency of record, advisor, or LP in 15 venture funds including NFX, Sequoia India, SignalFire, Casa Verde, Unshackled and Eniac.
Vijay is also the Founder and CEO of VSC, an award-winning strategic communications agency based in San Francisco and Brooklyn. The firm has represented 3 IPOs, 12+ unicorns, and 44 startups that have exited – in addition to 350+ brands, such as Softbank, Sequoia, Zume, Mammoth Diagnostics, Ada Health, Mopub, Tile, Molekule, Fastly, Osmo, Honeybook and more. VSC supports VSC Ventures’ deal flow with qualified investment opportunities, pre-vetted by our network of VC and Accelerator partners.
Who you are
You are ambitious, team-oriented, and looking for a unique opportunity to help shape a growing fund. You are an entrepreneur at heart with a keen interest in start-ups and emerging technology, and a strong bias for taking action. When given direction, you can sprint without much oversight.
You have previous experience working with start-ups, an outstanding degree from a top university, and a proven track record of personal, academic, and professional achievements. You have a high degree of comfort with analytics, numbers, and the capability to make decisions based on both intuition and data. You are transparent and honest with excellent communication skills.
What you will do
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow; from sourcing, screening, and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution, and closing.
- Perform industry landscape evaluations, gauge market sizing, and conduct competitor research.
- Build financial models to stress-test unit economics and conduct analysis on company assets.
- Expand on data-driven tactics for stimulating deal-flow and driving portfolio results.
- Network with exceptional entrepreneurs and attend leading industry events.
- Monitor and report on internal metrics and identify opportunities to improve fund performance.
- Actively support portfolio companies.
- Help in fundraising, LP management, and portfolio company development, business development, and overall problem solving.
- Strong academic performance and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business administration, or finance from a top-tier institution.
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, or venture capital/private equity.
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship (you can make recommendations to partners based on a pre-existing network in tech and start-ups).
- Experience managing complex projects, timelines, campaigns, product launches, or deals (whether at an investment bank, advertising agency, design firm, or another project-based environment).
To apply: Send your a cover letter and linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org