VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate the Fund in a Box platform, reducing the barriers of entry for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are hiring an Associate to help support multiple venture capital firms by regularly meeting with general partners to assess needs, sourcing the resources to address those needs and following up to ensure delivery. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge and some experience with venture capital, including setting up bank accounts, managing capital calls, managing investments into startups, and tracking investment markups.
VC Lab provides a fast-paced startup environment, where everyone has the opportunity to help with everything. You will have an opportunity to experience every facet of venture capital. This is a unique opportunity to ramp up your experience in the fields of entrepreneurship, startups and venture capital.
Remote candidates will be considered. Applicants for this role need to be based in the U.S., preferably in the Bay Area.
The Associate responsibilities include:
- Support the needs of general partners around the world
- Help to hire venture fund service providers
- Help to manage vendors
- Setup fund bank accounts
- Review and assist counsel with drafting fund governance documents
- Optimize venture fund tools
- Validate capital calls and investment wires
- Make strategic introductions between venture capital funds
- Review investment documents for general partners
What You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in startup financing or venture capital
- Understanding of fund governance documents and startup investing
- Strong phone and videoconferencing persona
- Composition in high stress situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and intuition
- Proactive attitude to tackle any opportunity or challenge
- Skills to create logical solutions to complex problems
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing business
- Experience in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Vibrant work environment of passionate and capable peers
- Opportunities for personal growth and role expansion
- Perks of a fast-growing startup
- Flexible remote work environment
How to Apply:
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as an Intern in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submitting your resume.
If interested, please apply here.