The Associate Vice Chancellor/Vice President of Finance is responsible for the leadership and management of all internal business operations as well as all fiscal and administrative areas including accounting, budget, treasury, financial management/reporting, tax compliance, business services, and managing external audit engagements. System responsibilities include budget planning and development, treasury, tax, insurance, and real estate. This position is also responsible for managing all areas related to Board governance.
- Serves as the principal staff officer responsible for coordination, interpretation and analysis of financial information required by the Senior Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Administration and Finance, and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, accounting standards, and standards of the University of Houston/System.
- Directly responsible for providing overall direction and ensuring compliance related to matters within the Office of the Controller, Treasury, Budget and Analysis, Real Estate, and Business Services. Advises the Senior Vice Chancellor/Vice President of Administration and Finance and other senior administration officers on issues relating to the financial status of the University by preparing reports, analysis, recommendations, findings, and other correspondence as required.
- Manages the System financial functions so that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the University’s business objectives and are conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Responsible for leading a team of senior managers to ensure that the University and System are in compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation/maintenance of required financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Responsible for policies and procedures for the administrative and financial operations of the System.
- Oversees endowment and investment management reporting.
- Responsible for presenting to the Board of Regents as requested.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
If interested, please apply here.