Third Prime (www.thirdprime.vc) is an early-stage venture capital firm based in New York, NY and Nashville, TN. We invest across the U.S. in companies using cutting-edge technology to increase access, improve quality and remove friction in the health and wealth sectors, particularly for underserved segments of our population.
Since launching in 2016, we have raised two funds (2016 and 2019 vintages) and have invested in excess of $100M into our portfolio. We will be raising our third fund in the second half of this year.
We believe that the societal conversation has indelibly shifted from “value” to “values,” and that society will increasingly prioritize access to products and services that secure our wellbeing through nutrition, healthcare, sustainability, and financial products. We also believe it is our responsibility as investors to support companies that promote these goals, so we include stakeholder alignment, fairness and societal impact as key components of our underwriting process.
We are hiring an investment associate who will, in addition to carrying out typical venture associate responsibilities, help our companies identify and prioritize key impact performance indicators and track and report those metrics to our firm’s investors and other constituents.
You should apply for this position if you are interested in early stage investing and are passionate about bringing measurable impact to technology innovation.
Role and Responsibilities
This role will initially be remote, but it will be based in New York City once we return to the office. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating new investment opportunities (including identifying high-impact solutions) and researching new markets and trends to identify emerging entrepreneurs and technologies
- Meeting with entrepreneurs and evaluating their business plans and pitches
- Drafting investment memoranda and managing other investment-related internal functions
- Working with our portfolio companies, including to oversee the identification, measurement, management, reporting (including Third Prime’s annual impact report), verification and improvement of identified social and environmental impact outputs
- Contributing to Third Prime’s public presence with social media, industry events, and firm publications
- Bachelor’s degree with a track record of academic and professional success
- Two to four years of prior work experience as an analyst or associate at a top-tier strategy consulting firm, investment bank or venture firm
- Experience with, or demonstrated strong interest in and knowledge of, impact investing and analysis
- Exceptional research skills, a strong understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Attributes We Seek
- High intellectual horsepower
- High integrity
- Hardworking and confident self-starter
- High EQ and great at building relationships
- Intellectually curious with a positive attitude
- Organized and attentive to detail
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications. Third Prime is committed to employee health and wellbeing and covers 100% of comprehensive health insurance plans.
If you are interested in joining Third Prime, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an answer to one of the following questions (300 words or fewer; pick your favorite):
- What technology would you like to exist that isn’t available yet?
- Do you consider yourself to be a lucky person?
- What do you think is the most interesting company in our portfolio, and why?