Tech Square Ventures is an Atlanta-based early-stage venture capital firm. We are a team of founders, operators, and investors that partner with visionary entrepreneurs building transformative companies to help them with what they need most – access to markets and customers. Since its inception, Tech Square Ventures has invested in over 70 startups, and is one of the most active early-stage investors in the Southeast.
Tech Square Ventures’ early-stage fund invests in enterprise and marketplace technology companies and remain committed partners through the journey of growth and scale. We focus on funding companies located in the Southeast and selectively invest in companies across the U.S.
Tech Square Ventures partnered with Georgia Tech and 14 leading corporations to launch Engage, a strategic corporate innovation and startup go-to-market program. The Engage program works with startups from all over the country, innovating in the key strategic focus areas of our corporate partners and invests in startups selected for the Engage program.
Tech Square Ventures is seeking an Associate to join our investment team focused on investments in startups selected for the Engage program.
For more about Tech Square Ventures please visit http://www.techsquareventures.com.
Overview of the Role:
This position will involve all aspects of venture investing including sourcing, screening, diligence, and execution. The role will also be responsible for monitoring portfolio companies, supporting fund admin, and assisting with program and corporate innovation activity.
- Diligence, document preparation, and execution of a high-volume of programmatic initial investments in companies selected for the Engage program
- Building relationships with our Engage founders, facilitating program engagement, and identifying follow-on investment opportunities
- Evaluation and diligence in support of follow-on investment opportunities, diligence, and preparing investment memorandum to support investment decisions
- Evaluation of financial projections and operating models to understand key milestones of the business and outcome modeling
- Support our CFO with fund administration activities and reporting related to Engage companies
- Originate and present Engage co-investment opportunities to the Tech Square Ventures co-investment network
- Responsibilities may also include working with our corporate partners and Georgia Tech to translate working group activity into proactive sourcing of startups
- This role is based in Atlanta, GA
- Alignment with Tech Square Ventures core values of Service and Stewardship
- Experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology company preferred
- Intellectually curious and passionate about innovation and technology entrepreneurship
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Financial modeling, scenario analysis, data analysis, and MS Excel capabilities
- Passionate about the future of the Southeast venture ecosystem and building a leading firm in the region
- Self-directed team player with a strong work ethic
- Develop strong points of view, not afraid to challenge others’ perspectives, and welcoming of the same
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail