SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Tokyo. The company owns stakes in Softbank Corp., Alibaba, Yahoo Japan, T-Mobile, Nvidia, and many more companies. It also advises the SoftBank Vision Fund, the world’s largest technology-focused venture capital fund, with over $100 billion in capital, through its subsidiary SB Investment Advisers (UK) Limited.
SoftBank Group International (SBGI) is wholly owned by SoftBank Group and manages global investments for SoftBank Group outside of the SoftBank Vision Fund. SBGI investments include some of the world’s most ground-breaking growth-stage companies across all sectors. SBGI partners with portfolio companies to disrupt businesses, drive growth and create value. SBGI investments include companies like Cybereason, InMobi, Fortress Investment Group, Boston Dynamics, WeWork, SoFi, Lemonade, SB Energy and others.
SBGI also oversees the SoftBank Latin America Fund, a $5 billion fund dedicated to the Latin American region – SoftBank Latin American Fund has invested to date in more than 20 exciting tech-enabled and fast-growing companies across the region- and the Softbank Opportunity Fund, a new $100 million venture fund for outstanding Black, Latinx, and Native American founders.
We are centered around our four Ethos: Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Excellence, and Team which we live by through all parts of our business.
Learn more at http://www.softbank.com
SoftBank Group International (“SBGI”) is seeking for super-talented Associate to join our corporate development and M&A team in New York. As part of the team, you’ll play an active role in diligence, structuring and financing SBG’s corporate transactions across the technology, telecommunications, renewable energy and other industries of the future (robotics, AI, autonomous). You will assist in monitoring portfolio companies, structuring and executing transactions for those companies. You’ll work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment with frequent opportunities to interact with the firm’s senior leadership.
A Day in the Life
- Lead due diligence, financial modelling, play a role in deal negotiations and communication of executive- level insights
- Manage end-to-end analytical projects by quickly understanding context and developing structured analyses to reach alignment and provide guidance to senior stakeholders through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports
- Actively monitor the portfolio companies and help on key strategic projects for portfolio companies
- Identify and educate executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Significant travel and cross-time zone collaboration required
To be successful in this role:
- You embody our Ethos:
- You act like an owner; you innovate; you are fast-paced and agile.
- You act with integrity and ethics; you take intelligent risks with long term commitment; you believe in learning, listening and being nimble.
- You aim for exceptional outcomes; you drive value in your actions.
- You embrace diversity and you are inclusive and respectful in every interaction; you run on trust and transparency; you foster collaboration across our ecosystem.
- Post-BA/BS from a top university
- 3+ years of work experience in investment banking, growth equity and/or private equity at leading firms
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for high quality work and next generation technology businesses
- Extensive finance, financial modelling and accounting experience and knowledge of TMT industry preferred
- Deep analytical, research and technical skills
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Experience assisting in identifying, structuring, and negotiating strategic deals, M&A
If interested, please apply here.