SKTA is looking to add an Associate to the venture investment and business development team. The candidate will play a key role in sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, and supporting portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will need to be eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies and be able to imagine which business models will thrive in those future markets.
- Source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts – 5G, Software Defined Networks, Cloud Computing, Big Data, AI, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, VR/AR, Digital Media and other areas.
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscape, and share findings to the team
- Evaluate and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including preparing investment memos
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Assist and support portfolio companies
- Engage with the VC/entrepreneurial community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- 2~4 years of relevant experience, preferably in Venture Capital
- Technical and operating experience in Product, Operations, or other functions within high growth tech startups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
Location of the position is in Santa Clara, CA.
If interested, please apply here.