You will be an integral part of our Venture Capital Investment team. You will source climate and energy startups using different data tools and resources, network referrals, and event leads. You will support the team in our initial screening and pipeline management. You will be a key person who will determine the speed of startup screening and prioritization of those opportunities. You will support the team in creating reports that we will share internally and externally with the ecosystem. You will also create valuable content that will add value to our founders and teams in the ecosystem and represent our team in startup events. You will be expected to be bold in your thinking, bring clarity and energy to the team, founders, and ecosystem partners.
In addition, you will also help our venture building team to build our internal deal flow and scouting processes. You will support the team to source and evaluate venture building opportunities. You will perform stage-appropriate due diligence of venture teams and topics that support the rapid growth of teams and topics.
Let’s Talk About You
You have 3-5 years of full-time experience in business, technology, or investment roles. You have great passion for data, research, analysis, and deliver results.
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship and startups
- You are driven by making an impact to solve climate change and energy transition
- You are excited about new technologies and have the background to evaluate and understand new technology innovation and business models
- You pay attention to detail, deliver on-time, and have great organizational skills
- You can communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly, verbally and written, and be patient with stakeholders, customers, and partners
- You have a great sense of humility and growth mindset. Our team deals with the most innovative founders and startups. We know a lot, but we don’t know everything, you need to constantly learn new things
- You care about diversity and want to work in a global team with many cultures.
- You have an analytical mind and have understanding and experience with finance and accounting.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and know how to prioritize your tasks. The startup world is ambiguous, it’s our job to build clarity.
- Market Research: Collaborate and work with the investment team to research and to identify new market and investment opportunities.
- Sourcing: Build and manage investment deal flow channels and relationships with founders and investors. You will take active part in managing our pipeline and accelerating our early decision-making process.
- Deal Evaluation: Support the diligence process, including financial analysis, founder calls, and expert interviews.
- Internal Support: Help build and improve our deal flow tool, library, external website, internal Sharepoint website, writing content and our newsletter.
- Fund Administration: Help with capital administration, preparing for portfolio reviews, reporting, and financials.
- Internal Deal flow Support: You will support our Venture Building team to manage deal flow and evaluate internal company building and investment opportunities.
Let’s Talk About Us
Siemens Energy Ventures , founded in 2020, to build, pilot and invest in venture teams and founders who are building new scalable and sustainable energy transition and climate businesses. We are a diverse team of people who come from Siemens Energy and from the startup and venture capital world. We help scale these into businesses that provide sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy to the world.
We are the corporate venture arm of Siemens Energy. We help scale venture teams and startups that build the energy system of tomorrow. We exist to create growth and options for Siemens Energy and our customers. We are future energy and climate builders.
At Siemens Energy, we truly believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion increase creativity and value. Through diversity we innovate. We run on passion and compassion. Siemens Energy’s combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. No matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or ability; we invite you to be your whole self.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Strategy & Technology and Innovation
Company: Siemens Energy S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
If interested, please apply here.