Company Scale Venture Partners
Location Foster City, CA
Submit Resumes to: Burchfield@glocap.com
Scale is an early-stage venture capital firm focused on intelligent business software, with a Scaling Platform that has helped companies like Bill.com (NYSE:BILL), DocuSign (NASDAQ:DOCU), HubSpot (NYSE:HUBS), JFrog (NASDAQ: FROG) Root (NASDAQ: ROOT), and WalkMe (NASDAQ: WKME) move from founder-led growth to a repeatable go-to-market machine. Today we’re focused on the next generation of companies building Cognitive Applications, like Comet.ml, Forter, Locus Robotics, Observe.ai, Socure, TechSee, and Viz.ai.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The investment team at Scale is looking to add an Associate, someone with a demonstrated affinity for early-stage technology companies and a keen lens for the newest technology markets and trends. This role will involve finding and sourcing deals, conducting due diligence and deal analysis, and taking part in all investment team activities. More specifically, this might include attending industry events and conferences, authoring blog posts and research material, and brainstorming new trends and markets not yet on the firm’s radar. We are open to both business-oriented and consumer-oriented backgrounds.
What might this resemble? You’ve sharpened your technical skills and market knowledge through roles in investment banking, consulting, product management, or other technology operating roles. Technology, investing, and the markets go beyond your job and are your passions. You have a strong network of peers, colleagues, friends, advisors in the tech ecosystem and foster those relationships. You’ve worked in a team atmosphere and know how great teams operate but aren’t afraid to venture solo.
- 2+ years of experience at a top investment bank, strategy consulting firm, or technology company in roles such as product management, BizOps, or engineering.
- Established industry network and strong relationship-building skills
- Technical background a bonus, but not necessary
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial modeling and understanding of key business drivers and core financial metrics
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive in your career is a strong plus as you will be operating in an environment with limited structure
- Intellectual curiosity and a need to dig into new material
- Strong oral and written skills, an ability to connect with founders
- Prior experience working or playing on teams and an appreciation for a team approach
- Have the ability to work hard and get things done
- Driven and motivated, self-starter
- Effective communication style and ability to drive influence
- Growth mindset, adaptive to change and individually motivated