We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join one of the leading investment firms in the food and agriculture industry. S2G Ventures (Seed to Growth) is looking for an Associate to play a key role in our newly formed fund focused on ocean health and sustainable seafood. As a member of the investment team, Associates spend their time on new investment opportunities, portfolio company management and internal firm operations. As an Associate you will get experience in evaluating new investments and learning, from the ground-up, how a sector-specific venture capital investor identifies, evaluates, and executes investments in a diverse set of companies. Associates will have the opportunity to work closely with senior members of the firm and to have extensive interaction with management teams and external advisors.
Associates are responsible for supporting the due diligence and research efforts of a deal team and will work with portfolio company executives (CEOs, COOs, etc.) to employ S2G’s investment and operating model to drive investor returns. As an Associate at S2G, you will evaluate hundreds of investment opportunities, gain strong industry and business model expertise, and gain insight into what it is like to be a venture capital investor.
This Associate role will support the efforts of the newly launched S2G Oceans Fund, a $100M commitment to support healthy oceans and sustainable seafood. The individual in this role will have the unique opportunity to join a fund in its formative days and influence the long-term trajectory of the fund while benefiting from the infrastructure and expertise of the S2G Ventures platform. Core areas of interest for the S2G Oceans Fund are ocean health, resource utilization, supply chain technologies, data, IT and hardware, animal health and human health.
Background on S2G Ventures:
S2G Ventures is investing in a humane and healthy planet. We back trailblazing entrepreneurs across the food supply chain from soil to shelf and bring together diverse perspectives to bring positive change on a scalable level.
We have identified sectors across the land and sea-based food system that are ripe for change, and are building a multi-stage portfolio including seed, venture and growth stage investments.
For more information about S2G, visit http://www.s2gventures.com
Key responsibilities Include:
The position is designed for an individual who is interested in expanding their knowledge of venture capital investing, ocean and seafood related industries, and business operations. Responsibilities will revolve around three primary types of work:
- New Investments – Associates will work with Managing Directors to help source and evaluate investment opportunities, research industry dynamics, analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information, and support the execution of deals. Candidates need to be proficient in financial modeling and able to build a financial model based on particular assumptions.
- Portfolio Management – Associates will work with Managing Directors to help manage portfolio company reporting, oversight, and operations. Associates will also have occasional opportunities to work directly with management teams to help implement industry best practices in a variety of areas (examples include organizational structure, employee compensation, financial reporting, sales execution, and product road mapping).
- Firm Operations – Associates will work across the firm and have responsibility around LP reporting and valuation modeling, industry and company data collection and tracking, CEO summits and working with external service providers.
- Strong analytical and financial abilities
- 3 years of experience with exposure to investing, for instance, with a leading tech, food or ag company, management consultancy, start-up, private equity firm or investment bank
- Experience in the seafood industry or related oceans industries preferrable
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills
- Self-starter with a track record of going above and beyond what is asked
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners and entrepreneurs
If interested, please apply here.