With over $2.5 billion assets under management, 77 unicorns in our portfolio, and 51% of top seed-stage deals in the US in 2020, Rocket Fund is the nexus of venture capital. Our strategy of building a scalable, innovative platform that makes spinning up and managing funds a breeze for both fund managers (GPs) and investors (LPs) has enabled us to own the early-stage venture market. The Venture Associate team serves as the primary guide and point of contact for fund managers (GP’s) using Rocket Fund.
Reporting into our Venture GP Relations Director, you will work internally with sales, support, and product teams to optimize platform usage and solve problems. Externally, you will onboard GPs and be the trusted source of best practices for all aspects of running and building their venture business: understanding each GP’s unique needs and building lasting relationships with some of the world’s best experienced and emerging managers. In this position, you can work from our San Francisco office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a sophisticated client-facing role and be excited at the prospect of supporting our mission in increasing the number of successful startups in the world. Key competencies for this role include superb written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of core financial concepts and venture financing.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Act as a product, legal, and market expert for fund managers — helping them navigate technical financial infrastructure questions (fund structuring, tax, financial reporting) and the use of our platform.
- Review and polish investment memos and pitch decks.
- Evaluate opportunities to increase product leverage and retention.
- Act as representative of Rocket Fund at industry conferences and networking events.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams in order to continuously surface new solutions for our GP’s. Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech.
- Experience and ability to navigate rapid change in a high growth fintech environment.
- Superb attention to detail – you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- A deep love of startups and passion for understanding the infrastructure of venture finance. If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
If interested, please apply here.