Nurture and expand cooperation between industry and science-based startups to help bring sustainability-oriented technologies from lab to market. Find the next startup to become part of the Rhapsody portfolio!
- Bringing “hard-tech” innovations — things like new materials, engineering innovations, chemistries, food tech — from the lab to the market is impactful for our planet and our economy, and is an amazingly rewarding mission!
- Enabling collaborations between startups and industry partners is critical to ensure that startups can bring their world-changing innovations to market successfully.
- Alongside Rhapsody’s investment activity, we’ve built an innovation ecosystem in which we work intimately with leading corporations around the globe to nurture relationships with innovation sources (startups and universities). This ecosystem has grown rapidly, helping the startups we work with to thrive.
- A graduate of a top school with a degree in engineering or in applied science.
- Experience working with customers, either in consulting or another client-facing role where you honed your skills in influencing others.
- At home in the world of science and engineering. You thrive surrounded by top performers like you.
- Capable of engaging in purposeful discussion with executives from multinationals and startups alike. You care about their success and want to see breakthrough technologies commercialized to benefit society.
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, entrepreneurial culture where decisions are made quickly and where you are given broad autonomy to get your work done.
- Work directly with large companies and startups to support the ecosystem in a structured program. In most cases you will be working with CTOs and their senior staff to make connections to strategically relevant sources of innovation.
- Source, diligence and invest in a startup – find our next investment!
- Facilitate partnership discussions between startups and industry.
- Own relationships with select industry partners and help grow the ecosystem.
- Join one of the startups in our portfolio to do operational work such as business development, marketing and strategic planning.
About Rhapsody Venture Partners
Rhapsody Venture Partners is a venture investor in Cambridge, MA that funds early-stage applied science and engineering companies. Rhapsody’s team works side-by-side with entrepreneurs to develop industry partnerships that reduce time-to-commercialization and accelerate growth. Learn more at www.rhapsodyvp.com
Position is based in Cambridge, MA with domestic and international travel.
If interested, please apply here.