Primary Venture Partners is a pre-seed and seed-stage venture capital firm dedicated to delivering exceptional support to NYC founders creating transformational businesses. By pairing meaningful investment and fundraising resources with the largest portfolio impact team of any NYC seed investor, our portfolio companies have reached an industry-best seed-to-A graduation rate. To continue to ensure we’re meaningfully fueling the NY Tech Ecosystem, we’re looking for two Associates to join our investment team.
The ideal Associate or Senior Associate candidate is a strong up-and-comer from the New York tech scene who is resourceful, data-driven, intellectually curious, and ready to hustle. As part of the investment team, this hire will benefit from being in an environment that’s small enough to make an impact and large enough to learn from seasoned investors. This is someone who has 2–6 years of real-world experience.
The perfect candidate has the following characteristics:
- Consulting, banking, VC, or tech experience (technical experience is a big plus, but not required).
- Knowledge of enterprise/consumer tech landscapes and business models with an ability to quickly articulate a point of view around emerging themes.
- Strong core analytical toolset of the sort acquired if your first gig out of college was at a place like McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, or Insight. You’ll be doing a lot of due diligence.
- A self-starter who we can trust to outline and execute on a diligence plan, identify and form relationships with future founders, and bubble up strong investment opportunities.
- Hustle is your middle name. Need to get an answer or get something done? You will make that cold call. You will ask for that favor. You will bust down that door. You do what it takes!
- An organized person who will stay on top of tracking pre-seed company progress, the movements of Founders who recently exited, top-tier angel and pre-seed firm portfolios, accelerator companies before they’re raising, and startups coming out of the top universities.
Interested candidates should email a CV, LinkedIn profile, and a 1–2 page investment thesis about an NYC pre-seed/seed company to Sam@primary.vc.
Comp and title will depend on the specific person and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive, and include upside in the fund.
This is moving fast, with a number of interesting candidates already in the pipeline, so serious candidates should submit applications by October 21st! We look forward to meeting you.