Summary: PHX is currently supporting leading Dutch seed to Series D startups and scale-ups with successful fundraising end-to-end: from personal education and advisory in financing to investor discovery to fundraising CRM framework and finally to connectivity with leading and most fitting (inter)national investors.
For supporting our continued growth, PHX is looking for a founder’s associate (full-time internship) to join our mission to break open closed circles in the entrepreneurial and VC ecosystem (with the potential to join on a full-time basis).
An ideal candidate is proactive, diligent and willing to take accountability for their own actions, as responsibilities will vary from analytical to commercial tasks and beyond.
Join date February 2022. Non-EU work visa possible :)
PHX is a private organisation that started as a community initiative. Since 2016, PHX has hosted over 50 private events across 10 countries, connecting over 5,000 people from the ecosystem of international investors, successful entrepreneurs and limited partners (with the most recent one in Rotterdam, featuring leading international investors and experienced CEOs). Since 2020, PHX developed and successfully implemented the Fundraising Support Program, whereby PHX partners with regional municipalities and other interested parties to grow local startup ecosystems and provide access to international capital for the partners and related startups. Currently, PHX is a trusted partner for the regions of Rotterdam, The Hague, Amsterdam, Groningen with further expansion plans in place.
The PHX was born out of a community initiative, encompassing strong values and maintaining our mission to provide life-lasting purposeful connectivity worldwide. See more about our story, values and mission here.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual to join our team as a full-time intern to assist in virtually all business domains.
Working remotely, with ad-hoc meetings and co-working days in Amsterdam.
Within our small but experienced team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have unparalleled access to leading entrepreneurs and international investors
- Learn about and experience startup fundraising a-to-z under the guidance of and mentorship from our experienced team
- Live the startup experience and learn to build by contributing to a wide range of business activities
Being a Founder’s Associate means a lot of job responsibilities and varying roles and tasks.
This is an absolutely unique opportunity for a driven and hard-working individual to experience the entrepreneurial environment while working closely on all functional roles of a startup. Expect to contribute to commercial activities (partnerships), technological development (product), operations and to learn the a-z of fundraising by supporting over 100 startup founders in personalised support in fundraising activities.
The level of work you’ll do is only limited by your motivations and capabilities to learn, commit and perform. As a (substantial) side benefit, we provide unmatched and unique exposure to the network of leading Dutch startups and scale-ups and international investors (e.g. VC funds).
Responsibilities & tasks
- Fundraising Support
- Assist in the analysis of startup investment cases and support startup fundraising with daily activities (under the guidance of other tech team members), such as compiling competitors reviews, transactions and market research, fitting investor discovery, analyses of investor landscape and other relevant deal-specific research (a.o research of co-investor universe and their related investment activities)
- Develop internal resources on public non-dilutive funding sources (grants, subsidies, loans)
- Data intelligence and product development
- Maintain and enrich PHX internal database (data enrichment, data design)
- Support Fundraising software development (regular review, updates of key information and development of automations)
- Communications with stakeholders and community building
- Prepare and send communications
- Assist in preparation and execution of PHX gatherings
An ideal candidate would have:
- Understanding of the venture capital investing model and start-up fundraising processes
- Affinity with data modelling (no/low-code platforms for automation, SQL and alike)
- Outstanding analytical skills, attention to detail, pro-active and self-motivated
- Profound social skills – be a strong communicator
- Passion for entrepreneurship & Venture Capital investing, personal growth and personal development
- Flexibility in working hours
- Fluent in English
- Experience within the entrepreneurial (startup) or investment (VC) ecosystem (desirable)
- Pursuing / Finishing his master’s degree (desirable)
Apply by submitting the form below
- Open the form via this link
- We only ask 6 questions: Educational and personal backgrounds, professional experiences, skills, affinity with investment and entrepreneurial ecosystems, and your personal ambitions