Next Frontier Capital is hiring a Venture Capital Associate! Our focus at NFC is to partner with mission-driven, talented entrepreneurs to build Rocky Mountain technology companies of impact, utility, and value. We are Montana’s most active venture capital firm, having made thirty-three investments to date across three funds, including 20 companies with an operating presence in Montana and 12 companies headquartered in either Colorado or Utah. The Firm’s portfolio companies have raised over $300m in total equity capital from over 60 nationally acclaimed firms.
We are a team that plays hard in the beautiful Montana outdoors, and we work even harder in a high-tempo, fun office environment located in vibrant downtown Bozeman, MT. Our firm’s rapid growth over the past 5 years has created the exciting opportunity and need for us to hire an associate. This role will be directly integrated with our Partners, providing a tremendous opportunity for growth and career development for competitive candidates interested in a career in venture capital. No previous (direct) venture experience required!
Start date: As soon as possible, no later than April 1, 2021
Location: This position will begin remotely, but post-COVID candidates must be willing to relocate to Bozeman, MT.
- Identifying, sourcing, and analyzing new prospective investments
- Perform external market research and develop sector + geographical expertise
- Conduct due diligence, financial review, competitive and industry analysis.
- Communicate with founders, management teams, and other stakeholders, including attorneys and other Venture Capital firms.
- Prepare and assist in writing Investment Memos
- Coordinate legal and structural reviews of documentation for closing new investments
- Build ongoing relationships with early stage teams and potential future investments
- Develop and manage relationships with other regional and national VC firms
- Represent our firm at various venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences
- Develop relationships to support Next frontier Capital as effective partners for evaluation of opportunities, including sharing information on trends, conferences, and companies.
- Prepare notable VC activity and pipeline notes for periodic reporting to the General/ Limited Partners
- Entrepreneurial attitude, self-starter, can-do attitude
- Passion + experience working within an entrepreneurial ecosystem or hands-on work with founders
- Detail oriented, scheduling, checklist master
- Technical skills + platform experience, work productively and comfortable or ability to learn: Airtable, Google Cloud, API, Slack integrations, Zapier, MS Office/ Excel, G Suite
- Familiarity with financial statements and financial modeling
- 4+ years of experience in a professional/ work environment
- 2+ year experience in entrepreneurial environment or start-up ecosystem
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful and fastest growing areas in the US
- Join a quickly-growing and flexible team with myriad opportunities to advance your career development
- Have the Rocky Mountains (skiing, hiking, camping, climbing etc.) as your backyard!
If interested, please apply here.