Title: Investor 📝
Role: Venture Capital Associate/Principal 🤝
Who We Are: Mucker Capital is a leading early-stage venture capital fund headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Nashville and Austin. The firm also operates MuckerLab, one of the top-rated startup accelerator programs in North America.
Who You Are: We’re looking for a high-energy investor to join our team to help identify and source early-stage investments in world-class startups. You will represent Mucker in the startup community, constantly meeting and evaluating new startups, while playing an active role in our firm’s growth as we enter our second decade.
You will have significant day one responsibility which requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind that wants to be challenged and stretched. We are a small, integrated team building a world-class venture capital organization and top accelerator.
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow from proactively sourcing new investment opportunities to investment execution
- Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, and analyze financial data
- Manage due diligence process and craft investment memos
- Conduct market research on and evaluate competitive products and services, and the demand for these competitive products and services, developing a POV on behalf of the firm
- Develop and deliver presentations to the firm’s partners regarding potential investments and existing portfolio companies
- Build high-impact resources for a growing portfolio and provide one-on-one portfolio support
- Represent Mucker Capital and extend the firm’s brand within our core markets of the U.S. and Canada
The Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a BA/BS from a top undergraduate institution; technical degree preferred, MBA optional
- Previous track record as a venture capitalist and/or high-volume sales professional with demonstrated funnel management experience, with a proven ability to develop deep relationships with startups and close deals
- Superior experience with financial modeling and breaking down company business models and markets; top tier strategy consulting experience a plus
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills; ability to ramp quickly on the subject matter and synthesize salient information into succinct verbal and written communication
- An insatiable appetite for new, innovative ideas
- Natural networker who loves to meet new entrepreneurs
This role will be afforded a high level of autonomy and requires someone who thrives in a self-motivated, self-directed setting. The ability and desire to work autonomously will be critical to success in this role.