Moonshots Capital makes late seed stage investments in technology startups led by exceptional founders who are building products that “re-imagine” work and personal life in large and growing markets. We bring a disciplined approach to the investment process to identify companies with “moonshot” potential. We invest in extraordinary leadership. We want passionate, high-caliber founders with BIG ideas who are building products to change the future. We form close working relationships with the companies we back to help them grow and achieve their critical milestones. Our investment thesis is simple: LEADERSHIP is the most critical factor in determining the success of a venture. Kelly Perdew and Craig Cummings, both West Point graduates and former Army Officers, are the founding partners of the firm and work in Los Angeles and Austin. We are looking for an Associate in Austin to augment the team.
The range of responsibilities is wide and includes:
- Conduct market research and due diligence on potential investments.
- Search proactively for top investment opportunities, including discovering and meeting entrepreneurs who have founded businesses in which Moonshots Capital may be interested in investing.
- Provide assistance with our portfolio companies, including financial analysis and research reports.
- Assist our back-office team with Investor reporting including: the collection of data, creation of reports, valuation analyses and written communications.
- Execute independent projects offering value to Moonshots Capital on a case-by-case basis.
- Assist in the development of internal communications and thought leadership around investment activity and areas of focus.
- Build external relationships with investors and entrepreneurs and assist with and manage parts of our marketing program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates should have 3+ years of work experience in an investing and/ or operations role (MBA is a bonus, but not necessary)
- Passionate about the startup ecosystem with a strong desire to learn the VC business
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Project and process management experience
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members to include fellows and interns
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent execution, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills – able to communicate complexity simply
- Comfortable working in teams and interacting with colleagues, portfolio companies and partners at all levels; high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Positive attitude, independent and self-starting
- Creative problem-solver
- Enjoys getting involved in a wide variety of areas and activities
- Experience with Project Management Software (Slack/SharePoint/Asana), Portfolio Software (Carta), and CRM software (HubSpot, Mailchimp) and AirTable
- Military Veteran a plus
- Start date: ASAP
- Please submit your resume and if you make the first screening we will request a cover letter that describes why you are uniquely qualified for the Associate position.
- Moonshots Capital will be accepting applications for this position on a rolling basis until filled
Note: you must currently reside or be willing to relocate to Austin, Texas to be qualified for this role
If interested, please apply here.