Lockstep Ventures is a seed-stage fund with a mission of addressing issues that perpetuate racial inequality in the U.S. through venture capital.
Backed by co-founders impresario Michael Loeb, rockstar marketer Bonin Bough, and Loeb.nyc, Lockstep Ventures invests in diverse, primarily Black, Founders. By pairing meaningful investment resources with the scale teams and support from the company builders in Loeb.nyc, we provide the next generation of Black founders with the support to reach critical success.
We are hiring an Associate to be a critical part of the Investment Team, as well as provide support to our portfolio companies.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the execution of investments in early stage companies, including investment analysis, due diligence, valuation, cap table modeling, exit modeling, and investment structure analysis.
- Support virtual client advisory teams in managing the due diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business, and financial plans; perform customer and market assessments, and model capital requirements.
- Support investment operations, including investor reporting and investor relations, capital call planning and execution, fair value analysis, fund budgeting, and reporting to LP’s, including fund level quarterly and annual reporting and annual meetings; assist in winding down funds that have reached their end-of-fund-life.
- Monitor quarterly reporting on portfolio company performance and progress, including maintaining up-to-date records within Lockstep’s CRM system, playing a role in tracking, following up, and inputting portfolio company information (e.g. financials, milestones, operating runway, etc.).
- Help to develop a world-class partnering proposition, building relationships with start-ups, venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other key stakeholders to attract and support high- quality investment opportunities.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (business, finance, economics, sciences, engineering, or related field) and 3+ years’ experience in a private early stage investment firm, corporate venture capital, strategic investing, venture development, corporate development, or investment banking.
- Excellent technical financial and analytical skills. Broad business and investment knowledge, and ability to understand and interpret financial statements. Solid command of Excel and practical experience with businesses’ financial / accounting functions. Experience in cap table modeling, capital structure waterfall modeling, and similar venture capital financial analysis strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks, timelines, and stakeholders. Strong work ethic.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills. Comfortable working in cross- functional teams and able to collaborate with diverse professionals, including, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, strategic vendors, and across the Lockstep team.
- Highly professional with ability to tactfully engage internal and external stakeholders; excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable interest in technology and early stage companies
If interested, please apply here.