Listen is a consumer-focused venture capital firm that backs extraordinary founders to build the brands of tomorrow. We operate at the intersection of venture capital, cultural insights and brand design. Our portfolio includes: Calm, Dame, Slumberkins, Kiwi Co, Own Up, Interior Define, Catch Co, & Public Goods.
Listen is seeking a highly motivated and intellectually curious PRE-MBA Associate to join our small team of brand-focused investors. The right candidate will be an outward representation of Listen and will bring experience in investing, financial analysis, and have a personal passion for consumer brands and trends. This person will report to the Investment Team.
Primary objectives for this role:
- Lead sourcing, prospecting, and evaluating of new deals
- Manage investment pipeline
- Drive financial, business and market diligence and portfolio company support
- Support the Investment Team in sourcing new prospective investments, managing deal flow and pipeline, and representing Listen in the entrepreneurial and venture ecosystem.
- Evaluate potential investments by analyzing market/category dynamics and consumer insights, performing financial analysis, and modeling fund returns.
- Build models and analysis for prospective investments including key operating metrics analysis (e.g., LTV, CAC, customer cohort analysis, etc.)
- Prepare investment memos by synthesizing due diligence and analysis to present new deals to Listen’s investment committee.
- Assist the Investment Team with portfolio company support, including building financial models / dashboards, analyzing customer data, structuring pitch decks, and providing frameworks for strategic decisions.
- Contribute to the Brand side of our platform using a brand lens to diligence investment opportunities and provide competitive category insights.
- Help create Listen content, including market and thematic overviews and blog posts highlighting consumer insights and investment highlights.
- You have 2+ years of Pre-MBA experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, digital marketing, or another similar role.
- You frequently use both qualitative and quantitative / data-driven insights to make decisions.
- You have strong communication, business development, financial modeling, and analytics skills.
- You are an outstanding listener and enjoy building strong relationships with others.
- You are abundantly curious about people, culture, venture, and consumer behavior and have a deep interest in supporting early stage founders.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment and are comfortable making decisions despite uncertainty.
- You have an appreciation for a great brand and the creative/marketing processes that helped along the way.
If interested, please apply here.