Initialized Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with over $1B in assets under management, is hiring an Associate with an engineering background to focus on technical diligence. As an Associate (Engineering), you will prepare data analysis, research industries and markets, and prepare comprehensive investment materials. This role requires the ability to be self-directed and proactive on a variety of projects, showcasing a high level of attention to detail, prompt and clear communication skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and an orientation toward execution.
Please note: This is a 2-year program and is not an investment-track position.
The position is based in either San Francisco or New York full-time.
- Exhibit superior analytical skills, conduct company performance analysis and author investment memos and related diligence documents.
- Perform company and market research on prospective investments including diligence on customers and competitors–specifically as it relates to technical software products.
- Synthesize large amounts of information, distilling key insights to share with Partners.
- Assist portfolio companies with growth strategy and market research on an as-needed basis.
- Exercise absolute discretion and professionalism at all times and exhibit a willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Perform other research and analysis tasks as directed; prioritize and work on multiple time-sensitive or high-priority projects concurrently.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a technical role /or engineering at a high-growth startup /or investment banking or consulting experience coupled with a technical academic degree.
- Deep understanding of quantitative analytics, information synthesis, and ability to think critically.
- A highly motivated, analytical, and data-driven mindset with the ability to convert data into thoughtful and well-structured analysis with clear conclusions and business implications.
- Interest and exposure to software-enabled technologies focusing on ML/AI/Blockchain/Crypto/Developer Tools.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-starting; strategic thinking skills coupled with strong tactical execution; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field preferred (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Info
IF interested, please apply here.