Hearst Ventures is the global venture investment division of Hearst, one of the largest diversified media, information and services companies in the U.S. with more than 360 businesses and $11 billion in revenue.
With offices in New York City, London, Tel Aviv and Beijing, Hearst Ventures leverages sector expertise in a number of industries, including media, transportation, financial services and healthcare, to make investments in early stage, technology-enabled businesses. Focus areas include enterprise software, direct-to-consumer and marketplace businesses.
Since its initial investment in Netscape in 1995, the group has grown to become one of the most active and successful corporate venture funds, with more than $1 billion invested in companies including Buzzfeed, Pandora, XM, Roku, Via, Brightcove and Sharecare.
What you’ll do
Hearst Ventures seeks an Associate in our New York office. The successful candidate will be integrally involved in the investment process in startups across the U.S. As part of this role, you will also interact with our global team and colleagues in England, Israel and China.
- Pro-active analysis of themes and sectors/sub-sectors for investment and deal-specific analysis
- Financial modelling, sensitivity and scenario analysis, and market sizing research, cap table and deal structuring, budget review and analysis
- Conducting on-going market research, developing new investment themes around areas of interest, tracking investments by peer funds and investment activities on a global scale
- Help develop the dealflow pipeline of potential investments
- Building investment cases and presentations for potential deals
- Supporting portfolio companies
Who you are
- Prefer post MBA candidates, ideally with a background in banking or consulting
- Genuine interest in, and passion for, technology
- Strong financial modelling, market research and analysis skills
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to “live in both worlds” — working day-to-day with entrepreneurs and venture capital firms, while navigating and building relationships within a larger corporate environment
- Uncompromised business ethics and absolute integrity
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work and think independently and remotely
If interested, please apply here.