Job Title: Associate
Glade Brook is a leading growth equity fund manager investing in emerging technology companies globally. The firm, founded in 2011 and based in Greenwich, CT, manages $1 billion in capital and is investing from its third growth equity fund. Glade Brook builds concentrated investment portfolios by identifying big secular themes early, utilizing a disciplined fundamental research approach, and working collaboratively with founders and management to drive value and generate returns for its limited partners. We have deep domain expertise in global technology, extensive experience and relationships across private and public markets, and a differentiated network of strategic advisors and industry relationships. Glade Brook’s current portfolio includes Patreon, Axios, Instacart, Capsule, Zomato, and ThoughtSpot, among others. To learn more about Glade Brook please visit http://www.gladebrookcapital.com/.
The Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with senior members of the team on all aspects of the investment process – from idea origination and research through due diligence, financial modeling, deal execution, and portfolio company monitoring and consulting. This is a unique opportunity to evaluate investments in some of the most exciting technology companies in the world. Glade Brook desires a candidate with energy, creativity, and enthusiasm for technology and investing. To start, the Associate will be a shared resource for the Partners and Principal on the investment team; giving the candidate an opportunity to see all facets of the investment making decision process.
- Conduct research and diligence on potential investments; including fundamental financial modeling, valuation analyses, market sizing, and competitive benchmarking.
- Attend industry conferences, virtually and in-person in the future, to support research and diligence efforts.
- Evaluate emerging trends and conduct thematic-based research through conversations with expert networks, industry specialists, research providers, and strategic advisers to Glade Brook.
- Help source actionable investment opportunities through industry conferences, thematic research, networking, and outreach.
- Supporting value-add projects for Glade Brook’s portfolio companies such as preparing presentations for management on topics including competition, IPO preparation, or margin expansion.
- Monitor financial, operating and competitive performance of existing portfolio companies.
- Aid quarterly fair value process to assist Glade Brook investor reporting.
- Prepare high quality correspondence and presentations to Glade Brook investors supporting fund raising, co-investment opportunities, and recurring updates.
- Leverage third party junior resources and research providers.
- Manage investment team CRM and pipeline reporting.
- Provide ad hoc support to investment team.
- 2+ years of investment banking or consulting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, or other quantitative fields.
- Financial modeling knowledge and experience.
- Expertise or strong interest in technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skillset required (PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience using FactSet preferred.
- Integrity, trustworthiness and unquestionable ethics.
- Autonomous and ambitious. Able to operate with limited oversight but humble enough to ask for help when needed.
- A desire to work and win as a team
Chief Operating Officer firstname.lastname@example.org